THE FALL SHOW
IPMS Vancouver’s Fall Show & Swap Meet, a model competition and swap meet, takes place on the Saturday of the October long weekend.
This years special theme "South East Asia post war" , open to armour, aircraft, figures, dioramas etc.
The Show is held at the Bonsor Recreation Complex in Burnaby, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The main show may room is closed to everyone but judges between 3 and 4 pm for final judging and ribbon placement. The event is not limited to IPMS members. Anyone can come and view the show. Additionally, anyone can enter a kit to be judged, the objective is for the best kit in a category to win, not the best kit built by an IPMS member.
· This is the event of the year for modellers in the greater Vancouver area. The show attracts modellers from Western Canada and the Pacific Northwest. Recent Shows have had around 470 kits entered in dozen’s of trophy or ribbon categories.
· Several other modelling clubs are involved, sponsoring trophies, door prizes, and volunteering to judge or just helping out.
· Most of the hobby shops in the lower mainland contribute to the show, sponsoring trophies or donating door prizes. Several manufacturers and suppliers also contribute. There is a vendor room with tables set up in flea market fashion.
· Door prizes, largely donated by hobby shops and suppliers to the industry, are given out during the day.
· At the end of the day, awards and special prizes are handed out and the winning models are photographed for the clubs archives.
$5 CDN (17 and Older); FREE (16 and Under)
Exhibitor Registration: from 9:00 am to 12:00 noon
$7 CDN (17 and Older}
$2 CDN (16 and Under)
Download Show Forms
Fall Show Themes
2012 - War in The Pacific - Done
2013 - The Korean War
2014 - The Great War
2015 - The End-1945
2016 - Japan
2017 - South East Asia post war
2018 - TBD
2019 - Blitzkrieg!
2020 - The Battle of Britain
THE IPMS VANCOUVER 45th ANNUAL FALL MODEL SHOW & SWAP MEET
This years theme - post war east Asia
Bonsor Recreation Complex 6550 Bonsor, Burnaby, BC
October 7th, 2017
9:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Entry registration closes at 12:00 noon