Club meetings for IPMS Vancouver are held on the third Friday of every month
Exceptions might be if the 3rd Friday of the month falls on Good Friday or is too close to Christmas.
Doors open at 7:00 PM. Meetings officially run from 7:30 – 9:30 PM.
Club meetings follow a flexible but familiar agenda.
- The members gather from 7:00 pm and social interaction at a lively pace ensues as members catch up with each others’ projects, seek advice, check out the items brought for display, etc.
- Door prize tickets are sold at each meeting and everyone bringing in a model or work in progress is given a free ticket. Door prize tickets are drawn towards the end of the meeting and winners choose a prize from an eclectic array of prizes comprised mainly of kits of all kinds.
- At approximately 7:45 the meeting is called to order by the club president who updates the members with any news, correspondence or requests from other clubs, and general club business.
- The meeting then moves onto the main activity for the evening. A club member, or occasionally a member from an outside club, will give a demonstration or talk on a model related subject. This can be a slide show, an open floor discussion or an actual hands-on demonstration of a specific technique.
- If one of the club’s annual contests, one of the “big mouth” or “kit of the year” competitions, is to be judged that night, this will happen towards the end of the meeting.